Closing Date: 24/11/2023
The Senior Laboratory Technician will provide core technical support to our scientists. Day to day activities will include overseeing the cell culture laboratory within the business and performing mammalian cell culture, performing assays and assisting the Laboratory Manager in laboratory administration, maintenance and support the smooth running of the laboratories by tasks such as induction and training of new lab members, maintaining stocks of laboratory consumables, preparing standard reagents and contributing to the maintenance of Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Overseeing the running of the cell culture laboratory and performing mammalian cell culture.
- Performing routine assays such as mycoplasma testing and assisting with sample preparation.
- Preparing media, buffers and aliquoting of samples.
- Performing routine laboratory maintenance activities including equipment maintenance, calibration, regular maintenance of incubators and water baths.
- General laboratory housekeeping including glass washing and disposal of chemical and biological waste according to requirement in liaison with the Safety Officer and disposal contractors.
- Supporting the Laboratory Manager with procurement, stock management and deliveries.
- Ensuring all safety guidelines are adhered to and maintain a clean and orderly environment and contribute towards ensuring safety and GxP and HTA regulations and guidelines are adhered to as required.
Knowledge and skills:
- Experience in aseptic techniques and proficient in mammalian cell culture.
- Proven experience as a lab technician or other relevant position.
- Knowledge of decontamination practices for laboratory areas and associated equipment.
- Knowledge of the selection and safe use of chemicals and biological materials.
- Ability to perform basic plate-based assays such as BCA.
- Ability to operate complex laboratory equipment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- The ability to maintain detailed records.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or related field or equivalent experience.
- Health and safety qualification (e.g IOSH, NEBOSH)
Please apply here