Closing Date: 30/11/2023
The RxCelerate group is an out-sourced drug discovery and development platform specialising in the design and delivery of drug discovery and development programs for our clients spanning from an idea up to and including Phase II clinical studies.
We are currently looking to recruit a Preclinical Team Manager to lead a team of in vivo scientists within our Preclinical division. Our in vivo scientists specialise in working with clients to develop bespoke preclinical animal models of disease that are suitable for answering the specific research questions being asked.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead the team through the design, management and analysis of a broad range of in vivo studies. You are expected to have extensive experience in the design and conduct of animal studies and the role will provide a great variety in the projects undertaken. You should be self-motivated and able to organise, research and perform experiments effectively, accurately and to a high standard. Excellent and accurate record keeping with a high level of computer literacy is essential. You will work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists as well as other divisions within RxCelerate, involving a high level of teamwork.
- To manage a small team of in vivo scientists, providing leadership through proactive performance management, mentoring and coaching.
- Effectively manage the in vivo research projects assigned to your team.
- Contribute expertise to the design and scientific research of in vivo projects.
- Analyse efficacy, tolerability and PK/PD data and produce reports to tight deadlines.
- Present update reports and data to key stakeholders.
- Assist in the supervision and training of staff.
- Work closely with other RxCelerate divisions to ensure the successful delivery and analysis of in vivo projects.
- PhD (or equivalent) with ideally 5+ years of post-PhD research experience in industry or academia OR lower level of qualification with extensive relevant experience.
- Proven track record of independently planning, running and overseeing in vivo studies.
- Significant experience managing the operational and logistical aspects of in vivo work.
- Significant experience of analysing and interpreting a broad range of datasets.
- Experience of providing motivational Line Management to a small team. Including experience of setting team and individual goals and providing routine evaluations of progress toward these goals.
- Currently holds or has recently held a PIL.
- An excellent understanding of the regulatory and compliance aspects of in vivo work.
- Excellent scientific communication skills, including the ability to write study proposals and reports as well as the ability to present data to a diverse audience.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, with proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and GraphPad Prism.
- Currently held or recently held a PPL.
- Experience of working in a commercial/biotech environment.
- Experience of setting up a new rodent model of disease.
- In-depth knowledge of a variety of in vivo disease models.
The candidate will be required to travel between sites in and around Cambridge; therefore a driving licence and access to a car is essential.
RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme, company pension and company benefit package (life assurance, critical illness and medical insurance).
Please apply here