Closing Date: 01/11/2021
An opportunity to join a growing Campus at the heart of the Cambridge Biotech cluster. As part of the Helpdesk Operations team this role will focus on the management of properties owned and managed by the Babraham Research Campus Ltd (BRCL). This is a key role and will focus on delighting tenants at all stages of their time on the Campus including initial enquires, onboarding new tenants, providing regular tenant liaison, Campus inductions and supporting tenants when they decide to leave the Campus. The key function of this role is supporting the tenants and ensuring an outstanding experience while they are on the Campus. This is a permanent role working in a busy team and requires an enthusiastic outlook, self-confident attitude and someone who can use their initiative to solve problems.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, dynamic and customer focused individual who will thrive in this busy and growing environment and is motivated by delivering a high standard of customer service. Excellent customer service skills and experience and understanding of property management essential. Previous experience of computer aided facilities management systems (CAFM) or customer relations management (CRM) systems being advantageous. You will normally work 37 hours per week, from 08:30 to 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 08.30 to 16.30 on Friday, with a one-hour unpaid lunch break.
- Dealing with initial property enquires, arranging and attending viewings and managing the pipeline database. This will include the BRCL buildings and Accelerator laboratories.
- Manage the tenant onboarding and induction process. Support tenants as they move around or off the Campus. This will include co-ordinating the tenant licence to alter and dilapidation process.
- Regularly review the communal areas and make suggestions to continuously improve them, to add value to our customers.
- Maintain the collection and accurate recording of necessary information from tenants.
- i. e. lease details, rate, contact, hazard profiles, company performance information necessary for the Campus.
- Provide regular reports on occupancy levels and the impact of the Campus on tenant business growth.
- Liaise with the local authority on matters relating to business rates.
Manage the distribution and tracking of keys for tenant demises, lockers, etc.
Arrange and chair regular tenant liaison meetings and co-ordinate tenant events.
Attend meetings as required; this may involve taking brief action notes at times.
Arrange training, scheduling in meeting rooms, booking catering and advertising the events.
To carry out planned checks on assets and specific services provided, to monitor usage, ensure they are operating efficiently and improve the service to assist with the delivery of our SLA to tenants.
Continuously look to improve and develop processes and service to maximise the efficiency and to improve the Campus.
Establish and maintain effective liaison between the Operations teams, colleagues and tenants across the campus.
Promote highest possible level of customer care at all times.
This list is not exhaustive, and the successful candidate would be expected to undertake reasonable additional duties in support of the site operations as and when required, especially in the event of major incidents that have the potential to endanger the life, building or reputation.
Education and Qualifications
- GCSE’s (or equivalent) English and maths, grade C or above
- Experience (at least 5 years) in property management in a lettings environment is essential. It is desirable that this involves multi-occupancy buildings in the scientific sector.
- Experience of providing excellent customer service, ideally in a property letting and or management environment.
- Experience of using a CAFM System (Concept Evolution) desirable.
- Experience of working on an established campus or complex site dealing with multiple customers
Skills and Abilities
- Good record keeping skills and ability to attend to detail meticulously
- Good interpersonal and communicative skills
- Great customer service skills with the ability to have empathy for the customers situation
- Experienced in Concept Evolution CAFM system desirable
- Expert user of Microsoft office applications – Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a busy work environment
Ability to work as part of a team
Good standard of numeracy and literacy
Strong administrative and clerical skills Ability to deal with clients/customers on all levels either face to face, via e-mail or phone.
Flexible and willing approach to work
Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
An appreciation and commitment to Health and Safety
- Dedicated and passionate about delivering the best for customers
- Takes initiative to conduct own work and takes responsibility for meeting targets
- Resourcefully seeks and identifies workable solutions to day to day problems
- Builds rapport quickly, listens, empathises and engages easily with different colleagues and customers
- Understands different preferences/styles and is able to use the knowledge to effectively communicate and develop relationships
- Willingly provides assistance/support to others
- Has a clear sense of purpose and direction and takes personal responsibility for ensuring the quality of their performance.
- Quickly and proactively tackles/resolves issues before they escalate
- Combines facts, knowledge, experience and intuition to make informed judgments and decisions quickly
- Looks for creative new ways to respond to customers’ needs
- Identifies opportunities for improving organisational working practices
- Able to work on a non-smoking Campus
- Willing to travel for work if required
- Willing to work remotely as required
- Willing to act as an out of hours’ emergency contact on occasions
- Clean valid driving British driving licence
Salary - Negotiable and dependant on experience.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter, quoting the job title given above, to BRCHR@babraham.co.uk.