Closing Date: 01/11/2021
An opportunity to join a growing Campus at the heart of the Cambridge Biotech cluster. As Helpdesk Operations Facility Support. You will coordinator planned and reactive maintenance using in both inhouse and external resources. You will ensure tasks are planned and supervised so that all maintenance is completed safely, delivering key performance indicators (KPI’s) and where this is not possible, engaging with all stake holders to manage their expectations. This is a permanent role working in a busy team and requires an enthusiastic outlook, self-confident attitude and someone who can use their initiative to solve problems. We are looking for an exceptional, customer focused proactive individual who is skilled at managing their own workload, who takes personal responsibility and has a curious mind that leads them to build on their knowledge and understanding. This is a busy role and requires someone who can prioritise competing demands to deliver excellent customer service. Excellent customer service skills are essential. You will have a strong background in providing planned, reactive and condition-based maintenance using both an inhouse resources and external subcontractors. Experience of managing multi-occupancy scientific buildings would be advantageous. Previous experience of SFG20 and CAFM systems would be an advantage however full training will be provided. You will normally work 37 hours per week, from 08:30 to 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 08.30 to 16.30 on Friday, with a one-hour unpaid lunch break, however you will be expected to be flexible based on the needs of the scheduled contractors.
- Act as one of the main points of contact for specific contracts, procuring alternative suppliers, managing critical spares and ensuring maintenance is completed inside agreed KPI’s.
- Where planned maintenance is completed, maintain accurate records and provide quotations for remedial works, as required, efficiently. Where this will lead to a disruption to services, facilities or utilities you will work with end users to minimise any inconvenience.
- Prepare for loss of critical systems by managing specific business continuity procedures. This will include sourcing and maintaining critical spares, back-up plant and implementing plans which can be acted on in unusual circumstances.
Liaise with customers and end users to ensure maintenance meets the needs of legislative requirements and the needs of each individual organisation.
- Attend meetings as required, this may involve taking brief action notes at times.
- Assisting with the arrangement of works in tenant areas, coordinating access, shut-downs and permit to works to ensure works are carried out safely minimising disruption to those effected.
- Maintain the collection of information from contractors and the maintenance of accurate records this will include pre-qualification questionnaires, risk assessments and method statements, insurance and compliance documents.
Management of the update of operation and maintenance (O&M) manuals, ensuring plans, asset lists, preventative maintenance schedules and manufactures information is up dated once a project is completed.
Assisting with the management of contractors by signing them in and out, providing inductions, and issuing keys and passes in accordance with the contractor policy. Results of maintenance should be accurately recorded for future reference.
Continuously look to improve and develop processes and service to maximise the efficiency and to improve the Campus.
Look for best value at all times to achieve the highest possible customer experience. This will involve regularly seeking the best value contractors and materials as well as scheduling in maintenance as efficiently.
Track and report on contract performance.
Promote highest possible level of customer care at all times.
This list is not exhaustive, and the successful candidate would be expected to undertake reasonable additional duties in support of the site operations as and when required, especially in the event of major incidents that have the potential to endanger the life, building or reputation.
Education and Qualifications
- GCSE’s (or equivalent) English and maths, grade C or above
- Experience (at least 3 year) in management of facilities related maintenance (planned and reactive) is essential. It is desirable that this involves multi-occupancy buildings in the scientific sector.
- An understanding of SFG20.
- Experience and knowledge of working on a busy Helpdesk, preferably within facilities management/office services environment.
- Experience of providing excellent customer service, ideally in a property letting and or management environment.
- Experience of using a CAFM System (Concept Evolution) desirable.
- Experience of working on an established campus or complex site dealing with multiple customers
- Takes initiative to conduct own work and takes responsibility for meeting targets
- Resourcefully seeks and identifies workable solutions to day to day problems
- Dedicated and passionate about delivering the best for customers
- Builds rapport quickly, listens, empathises and engages easily with different colleagues and customers
- Understands different preferences/styles and is able to use the knowledge to effectively communicate and develop relationships
- Willingly provides assistance/support to others
- Has a clear sense of purpose and direction and takes personal responsibility for ensuring the quality of their performance.
- Quickly and proactively tackles/resolves issues before they escalate
Combines facts, knowledge, experience and intuition to make informed judgments and decisions quickly
Looks for creative new ways to respond to customers’ needs
Identifies opportunities for improving organisational working practices
- Able to work on a non-smoking Campus
- Willing to travel for work if required
- Willing to act as an out of hours’ emergency contact on occasions
- Clean valid driving British driving licence
Salary - Negotiable and dependant on experience
To apply or enquire about a position please email BRCHR@babraham.co.uk.